Re: [Amc-list] OPTIMA Red

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Do you use maintainers on any of them?

This thing here

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-chargers/12-volt/gel-cell/BM12v117.html

I know it's $50 for a little charger, but it is very, very smart, and
will desulphate as well. I've talked with the designers (I needed one
for gel cell batteries; if you pop the top off this one there's trimpots
to tweak the terminal and transition voltages), this is not a toy. It's
got a microprocessor that monitors battery state and will keep the
battery like new.

It won't bring up a totally drained battery; it has to be above 10 volts
or it won't start up. But you can leave this thing on all the time and
it will never harm anything, won't overcharge, etc.

> Anyone have any ideas or done this email me off list, unless people are interested and consider
> off season storage off batteries on-topic.

Eh, it's not exactly "Rambler" but it is directly applicable to old
cars, especially those not driven every day.