Re: [Amc-list] T-14 on a torque tube...

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> amazing!  isn't the bw35 the same length as a t96?  on americans ['64-9
> at least] the t14 is ~2" -shorter-!

I believe the T96 and M35 for those years at least (1963-1965 classic)
are the same length; The torque tube adapter is about 10" long, filled
entirely with air. It's a simple square-section tube with flat flanged
ends.

In 1989? 88? when I got this car it had a T-96+OD in it. I put a 232 in
front of it and broke in in a few months. Then I stuck a 1965 M35 and
torque tube in it. I long forgot why I swapped the rear -- maybe length?!

All I gotta do is crawl under the car with a tape measure and answer the
question. I'll do that this weekend, for completeness. I have an M35 in
the pile, but it's an open driveline 1970 model.