Re: [Amc-list] New 2" header interest

Nick; the reason I have stayed away from headers is the clearence problem. Luckily the AMC stock exhaust flows real well.
Equal length headers are all over the place inside the engine bay and look at any header used on the street and you will see the bottoms flattened. I am not talking about the garage queen cars that only get taken out for shows and cruise-ins (and driven like they were performing surgery in the back seat), but cars driven as they are meant to be driven.
If I could get a set of UNEQUAL LENGTH headers that don't take up half the engine bay, burn wires and starters and give me the clearence to go over speed bumps, I would go back to them. But until then I will stick to the free flow exhaust, enjoy my stereo and enter drive-ways with no abandon.....Russ