[Amc-list] BBD Saga

Earlier I boasted that my newly remanufactured BBD
carb was performing fine and didn't suffer from the
poor idle problem reported by others.

Well, my Gremlin sat for a couple of weeks while I was
busy with another car before I got around to changing
the fuel pump due to fuel dilution.  The car began to
have a very unstable idle and then would not idle at
all, especially on a cold start.  I checked the many
vacuum lines (77 model Gremlin) and I did find one
damaged vacuum hose and one suspect hose.  I replaced
them and the idle improved but was still not stable
like when I first got the carb.  I haven't looked down
the throat for dripping fuel yet, but I suspect that
the idle jets are plugged.  I have a fuel filter ahead
of the carb.  Is there anything else I can do to
prevent a recurrence?  Two fuel filters inline?

Joe Fulton