Re: [Amc-list] headers

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" You need the '81 to '90 intake for a 4.2L (you'll also get to use the bigger power 2 bbl carb setup) Throttle linkage will be the thing to work on.

these intakes have better fuel distribution than the '60s wcd one too.

slick power setup is to hybridize the amc 258 carter bbd with a mopar
v8 bbd.  the mopars have bigger venturis but you need the amc choke
setup.  [or if you don't need a choke, the mopar bbd-replacement
holley 2280 fits and takes the stock bbd - and maybe wcd? - air
cleaner]

or you could get an '80s-fit offenhauser 4bbl intake and use a 400-500
cfm carb...

more 'free' power: recurve your distributor.  delco kits are easy to
find and inexpensive.  you'll get mileage too.

" From: "chad chadwick" <chadchadwick@xxxxxxxx>
"
" Hello, I would like to find out how I put headers on my 232 6 cylinder.The
" original 6 cylinder engine has the intake and exhaust bolted together.
" If you take the exhaust manifold off there would be an air gap, do you
" have to get a special intake manifold or is there a way to block the air
" gap?  This is totally new to me. Sincerely, Chad Chadwick
"
" 68 AMC Javelin