Re: [Amc-list] BBD Saga

Joe Fulton wrote:

> I have a fuel filter ahead
> of the carb.  Is there anything else I can do to
> prevent a recurrence?  Two fuel filters inline?

Sheesh, what a pain!

I usually run two filters. WIX brand, one in front of the pump (in the
hose from the steel line to the pump).

The American, I'm running only the little Fram filter inside the glass
bowl, but I know that tank is spotless. Had the carb top off last night
(adjusting for mileage) and the bowls had no sediment.

I wonder if there's some dissimilar-metal corrosion thing (pot metal +
brass) in that nozzle? They seem to crap up far too often.