-------------------
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 04:23:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: WILLIAM SERCKIE <realtorbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  The starter solenoid on my 1965 American finally died yesterday.  Is there a way to convert to the later model, fender mounted solenoid without haing to pull the starter, or do I need to order the OEM style that is currently piggy back on the starter ?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"