Re: [Amc-list] Gasoline stinks!

Why bother trying to reverse-engineer any OEM ECU when the MegaSquirt
ECU makes it easy to control nearly any TBI or multiport hardware
from a standard laptop.  It makes some sense to use the original if
you are transplanting the entire engine over from a donor car, but
for a retrofit, any of the aftermarket systems would work better.

If you ditch the original controller, it doesn't matter whose
hardware you use, if it is sized appropriately.  If the Ford TBI unit
bolts up easier, so much the better.  Next time I get down to the
Pull-A-Part, I'll have a look.

--Glen
[shameless_plug]
I'm an authorized distributor of MegaSquirt products.
[/shameless_plug]