Re: [Amc-list] oh well it's finally over

Re: [Amc-list] oh well it's finally over

Thanks Todd, Kent, and Tom,
I checked a few places on line and then called the local O'Reilly Auto
Parts.
They can get an Airtex pump for me by tomorrow morning and for about 30
bucks.
Rock Auto was about 25 bucks. By the time it gets shipped to me it would
cost 30 bucks or more
anyway, so I ordered one from O'Reilly.

I am also torn as to buying from whom, I do like to keep the AMC vendors in
mind, but this time
they just couldn't compete. When I need more specialty stuff I usually go to
them anyway, so I guess
the best thing to do is try to balance out purchases so every one gets a bit
of my business. After all
O'Reilly is open after 5pm, open Saturday night, and Sunday too. I don't get
that service from the other
auto parts stores in town.  I guess I can always order stuff online but then
it takes up to a week to get it,
always trade offs, isn't there..........?

I had a great AMC weekend, put about 150 miles on the Javelin and once again
it was reliable all the time.
It just didn't want to leave the driveway Sunday so I gave it the day off
and now I get to treat it to a new fuel pump.

Armand