----------
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:29:31 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

It's true! It's true!!!! Shock absorbers do make a difference in
braking. Who'da thunk it?

My son and I decided to hit the front shock absorbers today. We left
the car on the ground, wheels on the ground. I wouldn't have done that
without everyone's suggestions! (a good ramp would have made it a lot
more accessible. I need to look for a man's ramp, not a toy ramp!)

New shock absorbers went in nice and easy. A little tough compressing
them while installing them, but it worked out just fine. Took a
victory lap around the neighborhood, then out on the road. It did much
better over the bumps, and didn't seem to float anymore. Figured I'd
brake hard a few times - and it was much straighter! I didn't believe
for a second it would make a difference, but it did.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"