[Amc-list] replacing brake lines?

It's been a while since i have written... somthing about haveing a 17th month old in the house and another on the way in September tells me my rambler is not going to be done in the next decade. one thing my rambler needs is all new brake lines. The previous owner put in some new parts but the lines are in serious shape.  How much is this going to cost if i take it to a shop. Is this something a first timer should handle? Is the cost of doing it myself outweigh the risk of speeding down a hill without brakes? As mentioned before i have little ones and my budget is extremly tight. would it be worth having a professional do? Thanks-Adam Thanks and if you haven't checked out my Blog it is: http://backtokenoshawi.blogspot.com/