From: WILLIAM P GALLAGHER     teresag7@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 8:41 PM
Subject: Spirit amx motor mount plates

Eddie, thanks for your help today on the Spirit AMX  V8 motor mount plates. A.J. was real helpful but unfortunately it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. Here is my question I would like to post. I'm not very computer savvy so could you tell me were to go to find the answer?

Question: I have a 79 Spirit AMX with the 304 V8 crossmember. I do not have the lower profile motor mount plates to put a V8 back in it. Is it possible to modify Jeep motor mount plates that are tall (which I have) since the correct plates are non existent or outrageously expensive? If so does anyone out there have the correct dimensions or the correct plates at a reasonable cost?

Eddie thanks for what you do for the AMC hobby. I am relatively new to AMC's. I have been a member of the Shelby Dodge Club and a serious enthusiast for about 25 years. I thought it was time for a change. I hope I can solve this problem. I sure would like to drive the car.Thanks for all the great parts and information I have got from you for this project the past few years The car looks great, I hope it runs!  Bill Gallagher 724-331-7326