[Amc-list] My Two Cents on Hydrogen etc

A few points:

1. Electrolysis is NOT the main method used to generate Hydrogen.
It's a very inefficient method.  The usual way of making it is by
cracking oil, which is why the oil companies don't mind the thought of
switching to Hydrogen.

2. It's no big secret that Hydrogen is not nearly as high an energy
density fuel as gasoline, ethanol or diesel, (or bio-diesel).
Hydrogens chief advantage is pollution reduction, it produces nothing
but water vapor as an exhaust.  Hydrogen is mostly about being
cleaner, not about moving away from oil.

3. Ethanol and Bio-Diesel may be low emission fuels, but they are not
zero emission fuels.  Both create CO2, the so called greenhouse gas,
and contribute to global warming.

4. Germany is making big strides in solar electric power, but at a big
cost.  Here in Ontario there is a similar program in effect.
Electricity generated by solar power is sold to the grid at $0.42 per
KWH.  Compare that to what we pay for power ($0.059) and you see the
reason for the growth, a 700% higher price....

For the record, I'm not knocking anything that helps clean things up,
but there's a lot of bad information being spread around, and that
needs to stop.....

Cheers,  Dave