Re: [Amc-list] Water Powered Engine now slightly OT

Joe Fulton wrote:

> Well, it's not the nuclear reactors that make people
> nervous really, it's the nuclear waste created,
> transported and stored.

Yup; what I fear about them is 99% due to cheapskate cost-cutters
running them, taking chances, lowest-cost, no future vision. Blasphemy:
they should be nationalized (France...) and have a 100 or 250 year plan.
No business could ever have that sort of vision.

> Passive solar is gaining/will gain popularity rapidly
 > [...] Those economics make sense right now,
> at PRESENT utility rates.  No inflation of utility
> rates was invorporated into the proposal.

(But inflation will probably be present in reality :-)

My ideal world would include crazy mass-transit everywhere for work,
save the petro for pleasure vehicles -- road trips, family outings to
the beach... Old cars forever!