Re: [Amc-list] strut rods

Don't take it back apart! Like Tom said (It's a 62 Tom, same front end as the 63), once everything has been moved around you have to get it back in place. I've got a big phillips screwdriver with a 5/16" shaft that I use for such things! You can also chock the wheel you're working on front and back and push the car forward and back a bit. Once you get one bolt in the others should line up a bit easier. You might have to loosen up on the bushings, but that should be it. You're pushing the lower arm forward again with the new bushing also. It's taken a "set" in the position it's in and wants to stay there.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:36:37 -0400
From: "Dan Strohl" <DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I guess this is to Frank in particular. I think I see now where I messed
up over the weekend. I had the front end up on jackstands (good sturdy
ones, yes) when I installed my strut rods and brackets, but found that I
couldn't get the rear (2-piece) bushings on due to interference with the
frame. I'll just pop 'em on when I get it down on the ground, thought I.
But once I got the car off the jackstands, there still seems to be
interference with the frame.

So I'm thinking now - and correct me if I'm wrong - that I should put
the front end back up on jackstands, remove the brackets, take it off
the jackstands and THEN install the brackets. Correct?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"