Re: [Amc-list] Brake lights out again - how do I test the switch?

Re: [Amc-list] Brake lights out again - how do I test the switch?

Try Ron Francis' Wire Works or American Autowire (I have one of their
catalogs so they have them for sure).

Also, starting in 1968, American's switched to a switch that operates
off of the brake pedal. That specific switch isn't available new anymore
but there is a bracket you can buy that uses a very common type of
switch. I think Galvin's has it but American Parts Depot may carry it as
well. If you go to that type of switch, you'll need to make a wiring
change. What I would do is leave the wires in the engine compartment
alone and make all that changes inside the car. All you have to do is
wire the new switch in parallel to the old one. Besides leaving the car
looking stock, it is also easily reversible.

Matt

On 6/7/2008 3:46 PM, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx