Re: [Amc-list] Brake lights out again - how do I test the switch?

Bruce Griffis wrote:
> My brake lights weren't working a while back. I replaced the brake
> light switch and we were back in business. My son was following me the
> other night and noticed that the brake lights weren't working again.
> How do I test the brake light switch to see if it's bad? My tail
> lights work, my turn signals work, my headlights work - but the brake
> lights don't.

Just unplug the two wires from the switch on the bottom of the master
cyl (if thats where it is; 64, right?) and short them. If the lights
come on the switch is bad (eg. it's not shorting the two with pressure).

I've had terrible, terrible luck finding RELIABLE replacements. They're
all crap. I was buying the NAPA Echlin brand part. Crap, would last a
few m onths.

I bought a Ron Francis Wiring brake light switch and it's worked
perfectly for two? or more years. $20 though.