[Amc-list] Brake lights out again - how do I test the switch?

[Amc-list] Brake lights out again - how do I test the switch?

if you want to test the switch, get you a multimeter
that will test resistance or ohms. easiest is to put
it where it will beep when resistance is 0. unhook the
leads going into and out of the switch. hook the
multimeter leads up to each wire going into the
switch, and then press the brake pedal to see if there
is resistance. if there is resistance, the switch is
good.

the brake light switch on my 62 classic is a little
late turning on now. i put the disk brake set up on my
car, and so i use less brake pedal pressure. my switch
is a pressure switch. so much pressure in the line
system, it turns on. i dont use near as much pressure
now. so i need to get a diffrent switch.

if it is a pressure switch, have someone stand behind
the car while parked, and stand on the pedal. if it is
a position switch, see if it may have come loose and
moved so it wont close the circuit now.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules