[Amc-list] OT: Missing old co-workers

I wandered over to a good-sized shoe store with my oldest son last
weekend. Decided it was time to go for new sandals (I haven't worn
sandals in 20-30 years! But found closed toe ones that work. My toes
need to be kept hidden, lest they strike fear in women and children).

While checking out, there was an archtypical manager-type person in
front of me. He was wearing a blue baseball jersey with Mumbai on the
front, and the name of a local Mumbai team on the back. Gag me.

I worked for a 2-letter named company for a decade before going to a
3-letter company in an outsourcing deal. Over the decade at that 3
letter company I saw several friends and co-workers lose their jobs
over the past few years as more and more people where hired in Mumbai
while people here with great skills were let go due to resource
rebalancing. Way too many friends and co-workers. Way too many highly
skilled, hard-working, under-valued people.

I'm not knocking people in other countries. They need jobs. They are
hard workers as well. Their skills are on the way up due to good
training (good training budgets and opportunities off-shore, training
for people here in the US comes out of our own pockets). So - I was
NOT happy seeing the blue tee-shirted manager.

I went by my local credit union to drop off a check on Saturday. They
had three cars in the lot - repos. A Mercedes SL500, a Mercedes
convertible and a Lexus LS430. Perhaps managers are going away now,
too. Sad to see it, but once the workers go, there isn't much need for
managers.

I'm sure that can relate to AMCs and precursors in some way.