Re: [Amc-list] HOT ROD: AMCers hate us!

I think that you can thank David Freiberger
(Frieberger?) for that (putting AMCs in the mag).  He
loves cars, period.  He braved some criticism and
began inserting unusual cars in the mag during his
turn as editor.  He has been at Bonnevile the last few
years, most recently racing that F-Bomb that Hot Rod
built.  I have ridden in the same elevator with him,
but never shook his hand and thanked him and I should
have.  He has since moved on to the video world but
his influence lingers.

There were some more sensible letters to, which
basically agreed with you Tom.  I think that Hot Rod
was pleased that there was so much response.  Who
knows?  They may try another April Fool's issue
featuring Studebakers or Packards.

You make a good point about the AMC baggage being
generational, but I still get snickers when people see
my Gremlin here in Salinas.  On the other hand, I have
also had two offers to buy it recently and one guy
stopped in front of my house just to take pictures.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

Joe Fulton