Re: [Amc-list] HOT ROD: AMCers hate us!

I must admit, I was so hopeful when I first read that article about the
April fool's AMCs, that I wanted to rush right out and order a new Javelin.
Talk about the ultimate in cool looking cars. it has the new Camaro,
Mustang, and Challenger all beat to heck. And that new Machine that was in
the same section as the one being discussed here. Wow is that thing looking
good or what! I then went over to being pissed about being duped about
something as novel as AMC returning to the market. But then after thinking
about it for a few minutes I decided that it was the best coverage we've
gotten for a long time. And, yeah Hot Rod and Car Craft have been doing more
articles on AMC stuff lately so I think it's great. If I had enough money I
would be taking say a 69 or 70 Javelin and building it into the version that
was drawn in the first article. Or that new Machine is just way cool, maybe
that one. The luxury Ambassador has even those Lexus whatever bexus luxury
cars jealous.

Joe, I think it's more that just AMC baggage being generational, it's more
like gener-irrational. I base it on GM, Ford and Mopar guys living in fear
of being beaten by a Nash, which does in fact happen a lot more often that
what we hear about. After all none of us are living in fear of being beaten
by them!! We could care less, we know our cars are still the coolest of
all!!

Hemmings Muscle Machines has a great article about SC/Ramblers in the latest
issue.

Armand