[Amc-list] 17.339 MPG around town

Getting some miles on the American sedan. I'm really liking it, and
think I'm going to start visiting a local garage every month or so for
minor stuff (I'm getting too lazy with summer here). We did the old
"check the fuel level" method (look at odometer, take out notebook,
check when I last got gas and how many miles). Well, on fillup I
calculated we got 17.339 miles per gallon cruising around town. Not
bad. If I make the big change from ear tuning to actually using a
timing light and dwell meter, we might get better.

Not bad for a 43 year old car. Right around what my wife's Highlander
gets. Wonder if I could get 20.