Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 13:15:15 -0400
From: "oldcars@xxxxxxxxx" <oldcars@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list]  Torque Tube

I recently had a big stroke of good luck, and came across a 1962 Rambler
Classic which was for sale not far from where I live. I took the Mrs. to
have a look at it and it was nice, but since I have a driveway full of
older vehicles, I did not press the idea too hard, but finally got my wife
to suggest that I call the guy back, and it was still available, so it
ended up at my house.

I have NEVER worked on a Torque Tube car. Had a 65 Marlin for years,
but never did anything with the Torque Tube.

The FSM says to unhook the Panhard rod and the braces from the axle
ends to the tube, and then unbolt the tube, and then move the axle
rearwards to take the tube out.

Is it REALLY that simple? Are there any "gotchas", or points to look out
for? Anything to be sure to do while I have it apart?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"