Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR -
  From: Wayne E LaMothe

  To be accurate, Willys made them, then Jeep.  I know same company but....
   The narrow track 57 150 which I had, required a 150lb weight under the
  rear of the bed.  If you removed it, you would end up with a nose plant
  on hard braking or going down steep hill with mild braking.  The 150 had
  a four banger and the 170's could be had with the Hurricane 6.  Mine had
  5.38 gears, stock!  Top speed was almost 45mph and that was pucker time
  with such a short wheelbase.  I wish I had kept it but I had no place to
  store it at the time so it went to a new home.

  Wayne