Re: [Amc-list] welders, was rust

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Mike Kindle wrote:

> If you get good at welding, there is nothing you cannot fix.  In my opinion:
> You will not get good at welding with the POS HF welder.  There is not enough adjustability

Amen. I can attest to this -- at home I have a little 85 amp
Lincoln that works just great, 110v and a little bottle and it
does 90% of whatever you could do to a car.

But at work my cheapskate boss bought a harbor fright piece
of **** has no cooling fan, and two kludgey switches to pick
one of 4 current settings. It came with no gas regulator. It's
ugly and depressing. Likely I'll simply buy a little Lincoln
or other reputable "kit" and sideline the HF thing.

You don't need any features, but a bit of quality goes a
long way.