Re: [Amc-list] rust

[Amc-list] rust

>>>My 61 American?Deluxe 2 door Sedan?has CANCER rust on the passenger door only, both front
 and rear bottom corners.? I was planning to cut it all out, and fill it in with an aluminum
mesh covered in fiberglass, meanwhile, passively looking for a rust free door.? Should I be
more agressive in looking for the passenger door, or should I just break down and buy a
110 wire welder from Harbor Freight?? >>>

If you get good at welding, there is nothing you cannot fix.  In my opinion:
You will not get good at welding with the POS HF welder.  There is not enough adjustability
and many you can't even hook up inert gas to.  I have a chronically cheap friend who went this route.
I got to play with the HF welder a bit and it was bad.  He then sold it.  Don't waste your time.

I got a used Lincoln 110 wire welder for a hundred bucks off craigslist and now I confidently
weld things with great success.  I suspect it will outlast me.  It is worth it to get a good
 welder you are going to want to use, rather than a cheap one you are going to want to avoid using.
It is okay to be frugal.  It is not okay to be cheap.