Re: [Amc-list] FW: Transmission Swap QUESTION

There's no reason why a Concord trans and driveshaft won't work. Hmm... actually, the driveshaft may be a couple inches short. Try it -- if there are driveline vibrations the shaft will have to be lengthened. Not too expensive -- usually around $200 or less. Beats car payments if he's just looking to have cheap wheels for now.

-------------
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:20:19 -0400
From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I received this from Doug and wanted to get the groups opinion.  I thought it might work as a swap for trans driveline and back, but need the experts help.

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:35:55 -0700From: barterboy18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Transmission SwapTo: javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Richard,
 I got your email address off of craigslist. I have an 87 AMC Eagle Wagon and the transmission is shot with the transfer case not far behind. I would like to get another year out of this car and really am not worried about the 4 wheel drive working. In fact, I have already removed the half shafts and replaced them with just the hub end of some old ones I had. Anyhow, my question is, can I replace the transmission/transfer case assembly with a Concord trans and drive shaft?? If you happen to know, I would appreciate your input.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"