Re: [Amc-list] FW: Transmission Swap QUESTION

The trans swap will work or you can get a stronger 727 and tcase from an '80 to '83 Cherokee/Wagoneer or '84 to '91 Grand Wagoneer. You get the low range as an added benefit too. If you want to go real crazy, the AW4 from an XJ (2wd if you're concerned about fuel economy) along with flexplate, starter and driveshaft yoke. That will require a custom trans crossbar and a way to shift it. (I have one in my '83 J10, my '84 J10 and I'm waiting to get my '88 MJ back on the road before I convert my '82 Spirit) You could also run a 2wd 727 from an AMC car '71 or newer.

From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I received this from Doug and wanted to get the groups opinion.  I thought it might work as a swap for trans driveline and back, but need the experts help.

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:35:55 -0700From: barterboy18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Transmission SwapTo: javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Richard,
 I got your email address off of craigslist. I have an 87 AMC Eagle Wagon and the transmission is shot with the transfer case not far behind. I would like to get another year out of this car and really am not worried about the 4 wheel drive working. In fact, I have already removed the half shafts and replaced them with just the hub end of some old ones I had. Anyhow, my question is, can I replace the transmission/transfer case assembly with a Concord trans and drive shaft?? If you happen to know, I would appreciate your input.