Re: [Amc-list] Lucky today I hope

Mark,

I'll put an oil pressure gauge on the car next week.
The oil pressure warning light goes out right away
when the car starts and never comes on at idle so
that's a good thing.  I like your suggestion about the
lifters being dirty. There is some light "missing"
when the clacking sound occurs and like I said the
sound goes away at anything above idle.

I want to emphasize how smoothly the car runs and
drives now that the driveshaft has been balanced.  I
recommend this for anyone experiencing any vibration
at speed.  My driveshaft had no weights on it before
the balance job and no sign that there had ever been
any weights attached.  The balance shop welded two
washers to the shaft and the guy at the counter said
it definitely was out of balance, although I did not
get to talk directly to the tech who did the job. It
was the best $100 I had spent in awhile.

And yes ethanol with fruit juice is a good way to take
your vitamin C.  Stay healthy.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

 If it's intermitant and not a deep noise, I'd