Re: [Amc-list] Help diagnosing 4.0 loss of compression

Re: [Amc-list] Help diagnosing 4.0 loss of compression

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Jesse wrote:

Weird problem!

> I am thinking contaminated fuel or oil causing extreme cyl
> scoring?  The tech is thinking something similar that flattened
> out the cam.

I dobut it's either; that's a hell of a bunch of "scoring"! Cam
flattened to zero lift all lobes?

Broken camshaft, no lift.

> Any ideas?  I told him to yank the valve cover and put a

I doubt any dial guage will be be necessary; with simultaneous
zero compression * 6 it's either a bad compression gauge (!) or
something odd like broken camshaft.