Re: [Amc-list] SR-4/T-4 in an American

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" The TBI can be relatively easy. Pre 87 2/5L four (maybe later in S-10
" truck/Blazer?) with dizzy should bolt right on. That's pre OBD, and it
" will lite the "check engine" light with the dizzy disconnected, so could
" be trouble for CA guys like you, but since it's the old engine in an old
" car it should be exempt -- you're just changing the fuel delivery
" system. The 2.5L 1V TBI is rather large, so you'll need to make a new
" plate for the 196 intake, but that's no big deal. You could even use a
" piece of plywood to mock it all up before getting a slab of aluminum.

just fell across an old posting discussing this, which mentioned the
tbi from a 4-cyl ford had the same base as the 1bbl holleys and
carters we [and iirc mopar and ford] used, making it a bolt-on.

it was talking about running the ford tbi with a gm ecm...

for the 199s and up, i'd prefer a setup based around '80s 258
manifolds.  anyone know of a bolt-on oem tbi?