Re: [Amc-list] light flywheels, T-5, Volvos, AMC content

Re: [Amc-list] light flywheels, T-5, Volvos, AMC content

Shame your not doing this a little later.
 I could make it even cheaper and send out the big ole honkin10.9" clutch, pressure plate and flywheel from the American.
  You could probably leave the 2.73 in place with that big flywheel and clutch to get you moving!
I have to realy be asleep at the wheel to stall th eAmerican, though it does have that 4-1 first in it I often just pull out in 2nd.
   That T4 would probably be agood allaround non O/D trans too, but I just remembered I stole the speedo drive gear out of it. Not sure one is available as it is a one off AMC only piece. I can "fix" it, but not till I pull the AMC T5 and take the gear out of it.
   I got a twisted plan anyway, you know me.
I have everything for the close ratio 2:95 non world class trans except the input. I'm thinking of putting that stuff into the AMC T-4 for a "close ratio" 4 speed. The only thing I need to do is have the 5th gear area cut off the cluster gear.
  Once it was together I'd have a spare ready to bolt in backup trans Or I could always sell it off as a one off piece to some AMC'er since the factory never made one and it would bolt right into Spirits and concords etc;
   I wish I could get my hands on a 2wd AMC or Chevette T5. No luck so far though. The Chevette trans is the only one that shares the AMC placement, but it is also the only 2wd T5 that is SHORTER then the others. Since the Chevette has a short wheelbase they made it's T5 3/4" shorter then the others.

  I'm now officially rambling on about nothing.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>