Re: [Amc-list] 4cyl ford t5 #'s

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Tue, 6 May 2008, d stohler wrote:
"
" > tag # 1352-194 according to the person selling the
" > trans is from a '90 4cyl mustang.

http://www.5speeds.com/t5/index.html says "Ford 1989 Mustang 2.3L EFI
WC", pretty close.

" > Total input shaft length from case to end of input
" > shaft, 7"
" >
" > Length from end of bearing retainer to end of input
" > shaft, 6"
" >
" > OD of input shaft at pilot, .590"
"
" Sounds like the T-96 alright. I forget the pilot size but the
" shaft from trans case to tip is 7".

all amc trannies up through '74 are 0.750" pilot.

" The problem here is that the adapter is 5/8" thick, so you'd need
" a 7-5/8" input shaft. THere's a "long" input shaft version of
" the T-5.

'94-up mustang

" The Volvo page I posted earlier had the same problem;
" he clipped the top off the long shaft with a cutoff wheel
" (sounds gross, it's not, go look).

they redesigned their adapter 0.2" thicker to eliminate this.