Re: [Amc-list] SR-4/T-4 in an American

" Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 08:56:58 -0400
" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Dave, I'm positive that the top two bolt holes on the SR-4 and T-96
" are in the same place -- I actually bolted one up years ago. It was
" the need for that 5/8" thickness to make the input shaft work and the
" larger bearing retainer on the SR-4 that stopped me from adapting. I'd
" have had to get a machine shop to do the work and didn't have the
" extra cash at the time.

this nags at me.  i haven't actually had the trannies and bells
together, but from all i've read they are not the same, starting with
the bolt pattern pg in the advance adapters cat.  also, the pic in
http://www.calponycars.com/prodDetail.php?prodId=371 clearly shows
widely separate holes - which afaik agree with the aa data - and going
by tom's statement that the top inner ones exactly match the amc t96...

but i can't imagine you making this kind of mistake either, even if
you were using a multipattern bell drilled for both trannies.
--
there looks to be plenty of room on the cal pony plate for rambler-
spaced lower holes.