Re: [Amc-list] SR-4/T-4 in an American

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Frank Swygert wrote:

> The TBI can be relatively easy. Pre 87 2/5L four (maybe later in S-10
> truck/Blazer?) with dizzy should bolt right on. That's pre OBD, and it
> will lite the "check engine" light with the dizzy disconnected, so could
> be trouble for CA guys like you, but since it's the old engine in an old
> car it should be exempt -- you're just changing the fuel delivery
> system.

But wouldn't all the load maps be all wrong? Would it run
closed-loop with the O2 sensor and work out OK, or would it
run really weird in places?

Clearly EFI works, and works great. I just loathe the idea of
tuning software in a car, for some reason. I can just picture
myself scrunched up in the front seat with a laptop for
hours. This fills me with dread. I'd rather re-jet carburetors.

If I could find someone who LIKED that part I'd be all set. Then
I'd go Megasquirt.

I did software and hardware integration for decades, and teach
it now, and simply don't want to do it in my automobiles. Ugh.