Re: [Amc-list] light flywheels, T-5, Volvos, AMC content

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Frank Swygert wrote:

> T150 wasn't used behind a V-8 -- I bet it's a six flywheel. I
> know, just because you got it with that trans doesn't mean it
> couldn't be a V-8 'wheel, but...

I think the mystery is solved, but I thought T-150's came with
the 304 like 1 year. Not that it matters, I want it for a six.

I think I have my summer car plans laid out:

* American is "done" for the short term, mechanically. Motor,
miraculuously, is fine, and I have a "spare" if it drops dead.
Maybe I'll re-ring it in-car. It's getting interior right now!

* Put the T-150 into the Hornet as originally planned, will need
to swap rears, it's 2.73 now. I need to buy a clutch, and make
a Z-bar pivot. Got a welder now. Since I have the trans and a
Hurst 3-speed floor shifter, it's a cheap project, 'cept clutch.

* I bought Russell's Howell TBI kit for a 258 from him
(Thanks!!) that will go on the Hornet. I toyed with putting it
on the Classic wagon but that would involve re-engineering it
for the older 232. Sounds like make-work to me now, and the 258
Hornet will be a killer commuter/fun car. No I'm not selling it.

* Convert the Classic (232ci) to gasoline, in June, then rebuild
the "spare" 1970 232 on the bench. Since it's got an iron 1bbl
manifold now, I'll stick a YF on it for the summer. I've got a
(small) budget for the 232 rebuild set aside. The wagon is the
summer hauler and camper, I need it! The current motor is tired,
but that's all. It'll live a year, easy.