Re: [Amc-list] SR-4/T-4 in an American

60-62 (63 American -- all four point mount engines) have a "short" bolt pattern top to bottom. "Tri-Power" (three point mounts -- all 64+, 63+ Classic/Ambo) use a "tall" pattern. I bet that adapter will work with the tall pattern AND the short with an additional 1/8" plate (for short only). The top two bolt holes on the T-96 and SR-4/T-5 are the same, I do recall that when I was contemplating an SR-4 for my 63 American. So it would be trivial to drill another hole or two in the adapter or bell. The hard part is done -- the adapter will center the trans via the bearing retainer and top two bolt holes. If I wanted to do a T-5 (or SR-4/T-4) swap to a 196 I'd be buying this adapter! Talk to them and see what they charge for returns. It would be worth a 10% restocking fee and shipping both ways if it doesn't fit just to know!

---------------
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:37:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" They also have second one that has more holes and options made for 64 and earlier engines that may be more appropriate to the needs of an early Rambler engine. check http://www.calponycars.com/prodDetail.php?prodId=371

note the 'non synchro' in the description!  from a pg i rescued from
inliners.org before 'hacksaw al' disappeared completely, it appears
that '66-7 falcons still used the ford-version t96, although the bolt
pattern looks to be different from the '60-5 '2.77'.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"