Re: [Amc-list] ....' err...building my 70'sst javelin

Re: [Amc-list] ....' err...building my 70'sst javelin

I'd not comdemn the man for wanting to use his 440...
I had one in a big ole 63 Belvedre that ran 12:50's on a bad distrbuter and low 11:00s when tuned properly and running correct!
  I sold it when I figured out my oil change guy job would not support a $150 a trip bill for dragracing it...
I came tihis close >< to dropping it in a late 60's dodge half ton pickup my uncle wanted to trade me for a chebbie I had.   Would sure have made an awesome truck....
   The guy that bought the belvy off me tubbed it and it ran 10:50's, then he blew the engine and put it up for sale as his wife would not let him fund the rebuild!  That poor belvy went thru three guys who could not afford it.
The guy who built it and sold it to me, me and the guy I sold it too...
  10 years later the guy I bought it from called me looking for it. I'd long since lost track of it.

I'd sell the 440, there's large chunk of change resting in it if it's indeed a built motor.
Then do the 401.

YMMV

--
Mark Price