Re: [Amc-list] DUH! Re: 64 Ambassador 990!

On Sun, 4 May 2008, A Griffiths wrote:

> According the the guv'ment, 46% of a Honda is NORTH AMERICAN  (Mexico,

Multi-national, trans-national corporations, there's nothing
"American" about them but the name, lawyers, and lobbiests. Money
went trans-national decades ago. "American" in that realm is
a meaningless concept, sorry to say.

> As for the gas mileage....  Anyone know what sort of mileage you can get
> out of a small Rambler with modern fuel injection and electronic
> ignition???  I'd love the know that!

My 70 hornet, 258 with mild cam and 904 auto, 19mpg average.  63
AMerican, 195.6, manual trans, OD, 22-23 mpg average. Pertronix
ignition and  2 bbl carb (WCD).

Those are annual averages, I recorded every single fill up on
all my cars.