Re: [Amc-list] Oil filters

Steve,

    I have dissected the following oil filters (for my truck):

ACDelco
Advance Auto Parts Totalgrip
Fram Extended Guard
Fram Extra Guard
Fram High Mileage
Fram Tough Guard
K&N Performance Gold
Mobil 1 Extended Performance
Purolator PremiumPlus
Purolator PureOne
SuperTech (Wal Mart)
Wix

I took pictures of all of them illustrating the filter media, end caps,
pressure relief valves, and seals.  Email me if you want any of them.  I
was using Mobil 1, but the store that carried them stopped.  I can now
get either Mobil 1 or K&N at the local Advance Auto.  My favorite is the
Wix as it is much cheaper than either the Mobil 1 or K&N.  I prefer the
Wix over the ACDelco, but would use the ACDelco in a pinch.

    I use Mobil 1 engine oil in the two vehicles I have (and in my Eagle
when I had it) of the manufacturer's recommended viscosity.

Regards,

Russ (from Pa.)
2003 Chebby S10
2003 Saturn LW300