Re: [Amc-list] electrical problem

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Steven F. Brueggeman wrote:

> If your Javelin is anything like my '70 AMX the tailight bulbs MUST be
> grounded properly. If they aren't current will run through the bright
> element and back through the dim one. It'll likely cure the flasher problem
> as well.

If the AMX/Jav tail lamp sockets are anything like the Hornet's -- coudl
be them. They fall out of the holes partially, and the first to go, like
Steven says, is the ground connection, then some lamps light through
some others' filaments and it looks all crazy and hard to figure out.
Push them all in square and tight and chances are it'll work.

Examine exactly and carefully each thing you touched right
before you notice it went nuts, no matter how trivial-seeming
(changing a flasher or bulb).