Re: [Amc-list] OUCH! Prostitution Pink

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Matt Haas wrote:

> Besides cream and white, mint green, black, and a dark metallic brown
> would work as an accent color -- look to 50's era bathrooms for
> inspiration. Also, you can hit that body line with the same accent color
> (see the drawings at http://www.amcyclopedia.org/node/14 for an example)
> or maybe even a different accent color for a tri-tone effect.

In addition to umm neon green, I'd favor a faintly
off-white. Light and airy is a refreshing change. The car's
got a lot of glass, and a lot of chrome (relatively speaking),
all make for 'light' as a direction.

But hey, a roof paint job shouldn't be too invasive, you can
close up the rest of the car and drive it a while and see how it
works out! With wheels/wheel covers, trim if you're doing that,
etc, it will get less mono-chrome-y.

I've got white powder coated wheels on my Hornet. Still
love them. I only wish I'd gone for wider smoothies from
Wheelvintiques instead of stock. Chrome trim rings and moons
are pretty close period-wise, and are very practical and cheap.