Re: [Amc-list] Who recently bought 235 70 14 tires ?

Re: [Amc-list] Who recently bought 235 70 14 tires ?

Tom,

  Thanks for the reply, I thought that it was a later model American...I am running 195 78 14
  on my 65 w/a set of 14x7 Cragar Smoothies, and like yours,  there is only  about 3/4 inch clearance between the tire and inner frnder well lip...I was initially worries about rubbing but am hoping for the best...It is only th first day that they have been on the car...

  We'll see what happens.

  Best Regards,

  Bill

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  I put 215-60/15's on my 63 American. No clearance issues. Same
diameter as 6.50 x 15's! There's not even 1/2" clearance in
the read though, at the leading edge of the wheel cutout. It
does clear though, 100% of the time.