Re: [Amc-list] FW: Insurance, yes again...

Re: [Amc-list] FW: Insurance, yes again...

I just use the same Insurance company I use for my daily drivers, my
home and my life insurance. I told them I'd keep the car to about 4K
miles per year, and insurance was cheap. They don't do stated value,
though - so that could be a drawback for people that have really good
cars.

I checked the Old Car's Price Guide for a '65 American 330 4 door
sedan - and decided not to get collision. If someone gets injured,
we're covered. If I total the car, I'm outta luck. But with the value
of a #4 condition sedan - I didn't see the point. I like my car, but I
probably think it's worth more than it really is - and I definately
think its worth more than an insurance company would think it is.

Anyway - if you don't expect to drive a lot of miles in your car,
insurance can be pretty inexpensive. Since I telecommute, it's not
bad.