[Amc-list] From spring update to Spring Update! (and some vehicles comin

[Amc-list] From spring update to Spring Update! (and some vehicles coming up for sale)

The plans often change on the fly, but here's the latest (thanks to help from one son who's visiting off and on) How's that song go about 5 year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains? <G> Looks like I'll have a string of Jeep
trucks and AMCs that are all functional within the next couple months! Hope to
have my '84 J10 done by the end of June (stroked and LPG'd)

   My '87 Comanche is just a shifter cable (column auto AW4) and a couple hours messing
around to be finished finally. Got the driveshafts done and wiring harness swapped (bad weather and the missing cable is the only reason it's not yet rolling. I even got a '95 Grand Cherokee booster/master to up my braking power!) The original 2wd BA 10/5 is on the for sale pile for $50 along with the clutch (still looked fairly good after 200,000 miles of my abuse!) and flywheel.

   My original Jeep ('86 Comanche long box AMC 4 cyl with TBI and 5 speed I lifted 3 inches and converted to 4x4 in '02 for the Ouray Invasion) is almost back together. Used replacement motor is ready to go in (old one went past the 300,000 mile mark and is now in my son's buggy in Canada, still chugging along with a 1/2 blown headgasket) with new clutch and CPS, then it'll be cleaned up and for sale with a canopy. (probably $1,000 will take it)

   The 304 from my '73 J4000 (originally from my '77 AMX) is going into the '76 J10 shortbox (passively looking for a stepside box),
probably by the end of the month, hopefully with an AW4, but more
likely a 727/Dodge NP208 setup. (I have a week off to get ready for the
swap meet in Monroe if I can make it with the '70 IH 5 ton I have loaded to the gunnel's)

   '83 J10 longbox with 4.2L and AW4/NP208J will be rolling soon too.
(J4000 rear axle/springs with 3.73 ratio and J20 front brakes are going in with the
33/12.50/16.5 tires) HO injection may be coming at a later date with Hydroboost. (I discovered the Ford/Lincoln setup was far cheaper and easier to find from ex-cop cars and Limos/Towncars) It was slated to replace my J4000, but I have the IH to do my serious hauling now.

'82 Spirit will get EFI and a 2wd AW4 (already have it) after my '87 MJ is back on the road. Once we find a new owner for the wife's '01 Legacy (it wouldn't survive more trips to the cabin) the Spirit will be hers (I need to fix up new seats that can handle the dog too. I broke the backs on both originals!)

   '73 J4000 is headed to the scrap metal roundup (cab is squished, box
is "functional" but rusted. Frame is still good. Seats may go to the new rig) TH400 and QT with O/D
and part time kit is likely going to Brian's '68 IH Travelall along
with his 327 Nash (I still have all the adapter pieces to make it work)
He'd rather have the 4 speed in the IH bolted to the 327, but I don't
know if there is a bell that will work with the trans? (T86A I think?
First and reverse aren't synchro) Front springs and axle aren't spoken
for yet (D44 closed knuckle with fairly recent new drum brakes with 5
on 5.5" pattern. They may end up on the '51 Willys CJ P/U that I have
to go pay for next week)

   '51 Willys CJ P/U. No set plans yet. Probably just for bombing around the roads and trails by my cabin. May get a 2.5L AMC and 5 speed. (probably on LPG)

   '77 F350 12' flatbed on duallies. Currently for sale for $500* (*Some assembly required. 400 motor under the hood isn't attached. I was just going to do the basics for wiring with points to make it run) Tires are all decent looking tread. (make me think about a duallie Jtruck, but I have enough irons in the fire and I don't need to get burned! <G>)

   '70 IH 5 ton with 18 foot tilt bed and a portable storage shed made from the stake sides. I need to fix the brakes (out of fluid for some reason) and clean the fuel tank plus some "minor" bodywork (new cab) It'll haul the majority of the materials I need to build a house at my cabin (selling off my excess toys will help finance it)

   The cabin: Wow. I need for one or two of my other sons to come visit and do the interior up the way we had planned to last summer. (got almost all the materials, but they couldn't get down here) Then work on building a house in the hill that the cabin sits on. (got to work on the refinance first)

   The garage: I need to use the IH to haul a rolled sheet of steel (roofing thickness. 18 gauge?) @14 feet by 24 feet to cover my car canopy and make it water tight as well as insulated so that next winter I can work INSIDE whenever I dang well want to and not be influenced by the weather and temps!