Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:02:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee question - electric fan,	source /
	sensor location for power?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC <amc-delmarva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  The electric fan in my '94 Cherokee Sport won't cut on automatically
anymore, hasn't since before last year. It's already starting to show
signs of overheating with A/C on, so I would like to fix it before the
hot season starts fully. I've tried swapping the plug-in fuse/relay in
the underhood fuse box for the fan, no go.  The fan works with voltage
jumped to it, so I know it's still good itself. So, where is the sensor
located that's supposed to trip the fan on located at? It looks like the
wires disappear into the harness, and I can't tell without ripping it
apart. In the interim, I may just run a hot-wire to the fan to a switch,
to have it running when the Jeep is.

 Any help is appreciated from anyone else experienced with this problem.
Thanks!

Jerry Casper
Gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx