[Amc-list] Ramblings

The president of the SoCal Stude club uses the same mechanic that I do.  Yesterday, they were putting new brakes on his wife's daily driver.  A stunning white Hawk with red interior.

While we had my 61 American in the air, we were inspecting everything.  This car is in amazingly good shape.  The front suspension bushings are turning to dust as the slightly exposed parts literally crumble at the touch of a finger, but it is currently in alignment with no bushings on either side.  The muffler was a little dented, but in good shape otherwise.  We will steam the undersides as it may be home to lots of spiders.  The paint looks bad on the topside, but it has never been re-painted so it will be much easier to prep than my 63 was.

The starter on my 61 is dead.  Wonder what a new one will cost.