Re: [Amc-list] Citric Acid Rust Remover ... Pics Uploaded !!!

Re: [Amc-list] Citric Acid Rust Remover ... Pics Uploaded !!!

Good morning all,
  In just 3 hours of heating and overnight cooldown (total of 10 hours time) the rust is completely cleaned off the parts.  The crock-pot method works awesome!

  See pics at the following link: http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/amundaza/Citric%20Acid%20Rust%20Remover/

  For the FSJ-List ... see details below of what I'm referring to ... a cheap and easy way to de-rust parts.

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Good evening all,
  Today I received a set of Jahns pistons for a 304 V8, which have rusted rod "stubs" on them.  I got a great deal on them and was willing to see if I could salvage them off the rods and pins (both rusted) and run the pistons, which look awesome, in the stroker.

  I put four of the piston in the crock pot tonight, covered them with water to all but 1/2" of the con-rod "stubs" sticking out.  Added 20 table spoons of Citric acid and turned them on low.  2 hours later, they're nearly clean of rust.  Radically quicker with the heat added.  I'll have to post some before and after pics on Photobucket, when they're done.  I'll post back the link, so you all can see how awesome this citric acid works!

  Good night, all!

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

  P.S.  Brien, thanks for the awesome link on Citric Acid!

Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/23zhbo

It works best when warm.

Add heat & it is three times faster.