[Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee question - electric fan, source / sensor locati

[Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee question - electric fan, source / sensor location for power?

  The electric fan in my '94 Cherokee Sport won't cut on automatically anymore, hasn't since before last year. It's already starting to show signs of overheating with A/C on, so I would like to fix it before the hot season starts fully. I've tried swapping the plug-in fuse/relay in the underhood fuse box for the fan, no go.  The fan works with voltage jumped to it, so I know it's still good itself. So, where is the sensor located that's supposed to trip the fan on located at? It looks like the wires disappear into the harness, and I can't tell without ripping it apart. In the interim, I may just run a hot-wire to the fan to a switch, to have it running when the Jeep is.

 Any help is appreciated from anyone else experienced with this problem. Thanks!

Jerry Casper
Gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx