Re: [Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

Re: [Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

On 4/27/2008 6:58 PM, JOE FULTON spouted this sage advice:
<snip>
> In the top of the distributor housing where the shaft
> exits the housing there is a lubricant well which
> should be covered by a seal.  What lubricant is
> appropriate for this part of the distributor?  A
> Corvette site (I know, lots of similarity) specifies a
> small piece of oil soaked gauze.  On later Delco
> distributors I think there was an oil impregnated
> piece of felt in this area.

Joe,

Both of my American's have an oil soaked piece of felt on them. They
both get a few drops of engine oil every now and then (it should be wet
but not dripping). I don't drive them enough to do that type of thing
based on miles but oiling the felt is part of a tune up.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH